The beginning of February was quite extraordinary for us. The holidays were just winding down and school was really starting to get hectic for me. So when a few days had passed, and I had not started my cycle, I took a pregnancy test, and it said negative. At the time I was relieved. Bringing a baby into our life right now would make life even crazier than what it was, but God definitely had bigger plans. In the mean time, I went to the dermatologist because I had randomly broken out, which I attributed to my increase in running and the subsequent sweating that would occur. I got some medicine for it, but it still didn't clear up and it seemed as if nothing would help (this is my first bout with acne, ever). Still feeling under the weather and not sure what was going on, I Googled my symptoms! According to WebMD I was pregnant, or was going to die of an unknown cancer or some other fatal disease, so taking a pregnancy test was the only logical thing to do from there. That pregnancy test was positive (on a Friday night) and I had to wait until Monday morning to call a doctor to schedule an appointment. Thankfully we were able to get one the next day, which is when we had a confirmed "diagnosis" that I wasn't going to die, but instead was carrying NEW LIFE! Naturally, many things had to change about our life. I had to cut down on caffeine (still working on that), and had to completely cut out the wonderful cocktails that I love to drink. So far I have been able to make up excuses for my change in eating habits, but that won't hold out for long. At least I haven't been sick at all, so I don't have to make up any excuses for that. We have our next appointment with the Obstetrician March 6, when we will get to see our baby! At that point we hope to feel more comfortable to break the news to everyone we know so I don't have to keep making up silly excuses.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Oh Baby!
The beginning of February was quite extraordinary for us. The holidays were just winding down and school was really starting to get hectic for me. So when a few days had passed, and I had not started my cycle, I took a pregnancy test, and it said negative. At the time I was relieved. Bringing a baby into our life right now would make life even crazier than what it was, but God definitely had bigger plans. In the mean time, I went to the dermatologist because I had randomly broken out, which I attributed to my increase in running and the subsequent sweating that would occur. I got some medicine for it, but it still didn't clear up and it seemed as if nothing would help (this is my first bout with acne, ever). Still feeling under the weather and not sure what was going on, I Googled my symptoms! According to WebMD I was pregnant, or was going to die of an unknown cancer or some other fatal disease, so taking a pregnancy test was the only logical thing to do from there. That pregnancy test was positive (on a Friday night) and I had to wait until Monday morning to call a doctor to schedule an appointment. Thankfully we were able to get one the next day, which is when we had a confirmed "diagnosis" that I wasn't going to die, but instead was carrying NEW LIFE! Naturally, many things had to change about our life. I had to cut down on caffeine (still working on that), and had to completely cut out the wonderful cocktails that I love to drink. So far I have been able to make up excuses for my change in eating habits, but that won't hold out for long. At least I haven't been sick at all, so I don't have to make up any excuses for that. We have our next appointment with the Obstetrician March 6, when we will get to see our baby! At that point we hope to feel more comfortable to break the news to everyone we know so I don't have to keep making up silly excuses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment